A Wise Choice
High-quality medical care, vibrant social centers, rides and home care
PACE (Program of All-inclusive Care for the Elderly) for people 55+ in Los Angeles county
What is your cost?
|If you are...||Then...||Eligible for Medi-Cal||
If you have no share of cost, you pay nothing.
If you do have a share of cost, you pay that monthly.
|Eligible for Medicare and Medi-Cal||If you have no Medi-Cal share of cost, then you pay nothing. If you do have a share of cost, you pay that monthly to Brandman Centers for Senior Care.|
|Eligible for Medicare only||You pay the Medi-Cal portion plus Medicare Part D, monthly to Brandman Centers for Senior Care.|
|Not eligible for Medi-Cal or Medicare||You pay the self-pay rate as a monthly premium. Talk with our benefits team to discuss your benefits.|
Medicare and Medi-Cal reimburse us directly for your care. When you apply to Brandman Centers, we can help you apply for Medicare and Medi-Cal.
- Never a connection to your bank account.
- Never a deductible or co-payment for any approved drug, service or care.
Talk to us about your personal eligiblity.
Do you qualify?
We serve people age 55 and up.
If you are 54 today, as long as you turn 55 before you start with us, you can apply.
We serve people who need assistance in their everyday routines and the extra medical and social support that we provide.
Our Interdisciplinary Team and the State of California will determine if you qualify for our level of care.
The California Department of Healthcare Services requires a "Nursing Home Level of Care" to enroll in Brandman Centers for Senior Care. This means you can live independently but require extra care to continue living in your own residence.
When you apply, we'll confirm that you have a safe place to live, and can be safe in your current home or living situation.
How to get started
Talk with us
- We'll learn about your specific situation and share more information about us.
- There's no obligation and no pressure.
- We speak English, Spanish, Korean and have translators for other languages.
- You can meet us in-person, have a phone meeting, or an online video-chat.
- You'll have an opportunity to speak with our staff and tour the center.
- A nurse can also visit you at home to talk about your daily routine.
- All this can be done in-person, by phone or by video chat.
- If you decide to move forward, we'll start your easy application.
- To begin, you'll come to the center and meet with members of our care team. You will meet a doctor and nurse.
- There is no obligation to join when you apply.